Perrysburg is a town in Cattaraugus Region, New York, Joined States. The populace was 1,626 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Commodore Oliver Danger Perry and is situated in the northwest corner of the province. The town contains the enumeration assigned place likewise named Perrysburg, some time ago a fused town.
The town of Perrysburg was framed in 1814 as the “town of Perry” from the towns of Hebe and Hamilton. It initially comprised of the whole western portion of the district. In 1818, that year Elkdale was separated from to represent the southwest piece of the region, the town changed its name to “Perrysburg”. In the long run, likely amid the Benjamin Harrison organization, the spelling moved toward becoming “Perrysburg.”
As per the Assembled States Statistics Agency, the town has an aggregate territory of 28.5 square miles (73.9 km2), of which 28.4 square miles (73.6 km2) arrive and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 0.44%, is water.
The northern outskirt is Cattaraugus River with Erie Province on the inverse bank. The western fringe is Chautauqua Area.
The town’s geographic area brings about continuous and substantial lake-impact snow occasions amid the fall and winter. It is regularly the site for most extreme snowfall gatherings. A slope ascending to more than 1,600 feet (490 m) on the southern edge of the town adds to orographic improvement, increasing snowfall. From December 10 through December 17, 2013 almost 7 feet (2.1 m) (84 in or 2,100 mm) of snow fell on the town, with its lion’s share being lake-impact snow. A few local people have named Perrysburg the snow capital of Western New York.
New York State Highway 39 is an east-west roadway through the town.